By PowerBuy // 7 February 2017 // Related Categories: Article Content
What will a “wired” hospital be in 2017?
Despite the fact that healthcare is a people business, technology today underlies just about every aspect of care delivery. Even patient-to-prov
Technology drives care delivery
Technology has had an enormous impact on healthcare over the past several years. It has driven:
- More accessible treatment through online interactions via portals and email and telehealth
- The capture of real-time patient data through hand-held devices and tablets
- The use of big data to identify at-risk patients and treatment trends
- Efficiencies in administrative tasks, such as billing
- The use of electronic medical records (EMRs) to collect and analyse patient information across treatment settings
These impacts have not been painless, and they’re not likely to become less so in 2017. Many hospitals struggle to stay on top of trends and ensure the efficient and effective use of technology. Increasingly, though, hospitals are stepping up to the plate. The level of data integrity, reliability, and security that drives recognition as among the most wired requires a strong infrastructure with hardware configurations that power 24/7/365 operations.
What will set the most wired apart?
In 2017, there are primarily four key areas that healthcare organisations must be focused on to ensure the most effective and efficient use of technology:
- Infrastructure—the computers, services, and other devices that capture and store information
- Business and administrative management—the processing of data
- Clinical quality and safety (inpatient/outp
atient hospital)—the machines and equipment used in the delivery of care
- Clinical integration (ambulatory/phy
sician/patient/ community)—the methods by which information is readily shared across care settings, often referred to as interoperabilit y
Well-wired hospitals must focus on all these areas. They must carefully and effectively balance the mix of people, processes, and tools to deliver the necessary results to drive quality care in all settings.
The most wired hospitals tend to be at the cutting edge—some might even say bleeding edge—of technology implementation. In 2017, these will be the hospitals that are:
- Providing real-time, patient-specifi
c hospital costs and risk data in patient EHRs
- Offering online price transparency tools to give consumers accurate pricing, quality, safety, and patient satisfaction data to help them make decisions
- Using clinically integrated tools to help patients manage chronic disease in their homes and other settings
- Exploring ways that innovations like artificial intelligence and virtual reality can be used in data management and the training and education of providers and patients
- Staying on top of trends by attending industry conferences, reading trade journals, and networking with colleagues within and outside of healthcare
Many hospitals are already well on their way to strategically leveraging technology to achieve better business and patient outcome results.
Comments: 12 // Share:
Acupressure benefits are surprisingly diverse, acupressure is an appropriate therapy for many different ailments and disorders. Acupressure benefits are surprisingly diverse, acupressure is an appropriate therapy for many different ailments and disorders.
Schizophrenia is a type of mental illness that affects how the brain works. This leads to chronic problems with disordered thoughts and behaviors. It usually requires lifelong care and treatment. This leads to chronic problems with disordered thoughts and behaviors.
Semax is a medication used for the prevention and treatment of circulatory disorders in Russia and is also used as a cognitive enhancer. Read below to find out about the proven benefits of this substance.
Milestone Scientific is committed to advancing the science of computer-contro
The phrase Pura Vida is something youll hear quite a lot in Costa Rica. In English, it means pure life, but its a whole lot more than just a
Kidtastic Pediatric Dental, the #1 choice for parents and children when looking for a Pediatric Dentist In Gilbert, AZ with three great east valley offices.
These natural ways are suggested by Amy Goodrich, biologist, natural nutrition expert, and holistic health coach who loves living a natural, eco-friendly, and healthy lifestyle. Hopefully, these proven natural methods will help you to break through the addiction, ease withdrawal symptoms, and help you to quit smoking for good.
Reflections features a variety of chemical peel options, including the SkinMedica line of peels from Allergan, the makers of Botox. Learn more!
The first two roundworms affect humans only. The last two types also occur in animals. Hookworm disease is common in the moist tropics and subtropics. In developing
Shape brows, revitalise shine, soothe dry hands and smooth cuticles and nails. Also for symptoms of chapping, peeling or flaking due to minor burns, sunburn, windburns, scrapes, abrasions or cracked lips.
A unique individual client-centred approach is given #edinburgh #lip #pout #glasgow #newcastle #botox #cheeks #juvederm #lipfillers #lipinjections #dermalfillers #allergan #antiwrinkle #goldenratio #lipaugmentatio
Man accused in Louisiana killing arrested at Georgia motel Review team to decide if horses fit to race at Santa Anita Researchers: bitcoins carbon footprint equal to Las Vegas